Vaishnav Sangh of Sydney a not-for-profit organisation established in Sydney for over 14 years. Our main objective is to conduct regular educational classes and cultural activities for the Indian community. As well, celebrate key festivals with the community and provide an educational service to the young children & youth. We are looking for public and government support to establishing a permanent base where we can expand and continue to provide our services to the community.
To establish a permanent place for the community and cultural activities.
Background in Sydney:
Vaishnav Sangh of Sydney (VS-SYD) was established in 2001 and has grown from strength to strength over the years. With the hard work and dedication of our volunteers, VS-SYD continues to grow in promoting Indian values and culture.
Vaishnav Sangh is also established in QLD, VIC, WA & in its early days in Canberra.
Our key objectives are to:
- For the community, organise and celebrate auspicious Indian Festivals
- Promote teachings and culture with Indian values amongst the community
- Teaching children and youth Indian culture and values
- Active participation in the broader community eg volunteering
We hold monthly cultural activities for our community and classes for young children
In order to teach young children the values of Hindu culture – we specifically hold:
- Bal Sabha (children) classes for 5 – 11 years old. We teach Indian values and culture, as well as Gujrati language classes. Children are also taught & perform cultural dances.
- We conduct Kishor Pusti classes for 12 – 18 year old children. Similar to Bal Sabha classes, but in a little more in-depth.
- Recently we have also commenced a Youth Wing (for 18 – 30 years), where they actively participate in assisting with the educational classes, and
- organising social & cultural events
- volunteering in their local community
- coordinate charitable activities in the local community
We have embarked on a project to establish a permanent base, from where we can continue to grow and offer our services to the community.